Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Family stress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Shaunie

It's good to hear that you now have an idea of when they will arrive, how are you feeling about the visit now - it's soon isn't it? Hopefully your dad might have some time to reflect while he's away from home, whether he talks about it or not.

I'm not surprised you aren't mega excited for their visit, especially if you don't see them much, is there anything that would make you feel more comfortable with them being around? Could you look to book a table for a meal out, for example, or an activity where you don't have to talk too much (cinema, bowling or something) that gets everyone out the house for a bit? I also find board games are good for family get-togethers, no matter how boring they seem! What do you think?

How's everything else?

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend

Comment

They have been round since monday and it hastn been too bad. They are really funny people so has been actually really good and did go for a meal out and we did play board games today.

Hasnt really been that awkward except im so confused to what they know and what they dont know. By the conversations i think they just think that where my mum lives is just filled with loads of things and is cluttered . And think that we left because my mum hoards stuff and is a cluttered house. Which is true but its a lot more than that and we left the house because it didnt have the basic needs like a bathroom. But my dad is bringing up the conversatio like hes not ashamed about it. Even if they only think that, its still embarrassing anyway.

I think they getting annoyed just seeing him go to the shop to buy her food and stuff and going to give it to her. Its embarassing. How obsessed he is over her, like the only thing he cares about and how everything he says and does has to fit around her.

My mum hasnt just stayed where she lives and she came to see them and it was pretty awkward when she nearly accidenly slipped up about how much of a tramp she is. Which was weird to see her realise and to stop speaking cause she knew what she was about to say. Like so she does know it is not normal so why does she convice herself and us that it is. But then cant even admit it when others are around. Probs just denial
      Last edited by Shaunie; 24-10-2017, 11:28 PM.
      I dont expect anything - to just end up disappointed. But i do not have zero hope for the future cause that has only dragged me down & brung negativity. I will just not predict the future

Comment

Hi Shaunie,

Sounds like it has been ok with them coming around and maybe not as bad as expected. How you feeling about everything at the moment?

It can be confusing trying to work out what someone knows without bringing up the conversation to much and having to go into more depth about the situation. I know you said before that you thought they might go and see her at home, has this happened or do you think that because they know its cluttered they won't go around?

It sounds like your dad is trying to support your mum a lot which sounds like it is hard for you as a family.

Here for you and well done for opening up and talking about how you think things are.

Rayofhope
        You're much stronger than you think you are. Trust me. - superman.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X