Essential support for under 25s

Post of The Month

Abigail is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hi there,

Welcome to the boards. Hope you gind it more helpful.

Its hard to find support, sorry that no one will take you to see your gp/doctor i am not sure if this is the same for you but you are aload to book doctors appointments without your parents being there and you can attend them unacccompanied.

Depression and other illness can be quite scary especially when your quite young. Do have a look round the site there are lots of useful articles and information on here.

You are not alone.

Sunday to thursday we have support chats and general chats on at 8pm till 9:30pm if you would like to join them. They are a great way to get to know people and seak support at the same time. Heres the link to the page -

Hope to see you round

(Click for full post )
See more
See less

How do you deal with uncomfortable situations with friends?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with uncomfortable situations with friends?

Hey everyone

Recently, one person in my friendship group has been making really inappropriate comments and doing some questionable things that have been making both the rest of my friends and I really uncomfortable, and a little scared. He has not realised that the comments he has made, in particular, are not okay, or (to be blunt) very creepy. We have dealt with the issue by telling him how this is making us feel, and he has agreed to stick with his other friends until we all feel more at ease.

I'm interested in hearing back what would the rest of you have done!

Hey peachysoo!
    I would of dealt with it similar. Did deal with similar situation where felt a friend was being a lil creepy towards me, so told him - to see if he would take on how i felt and stop but few weeks later he was still being a lil creepy so distanced myself from him completly, But is hard when in a group of people. maybe he will take on how you feel and when you feel more at ease and he comes back to your group of friend he will realise the comments he has been saying are inappropriate. Cause isnt right or nice if makes you uncomfortable and a little scared.

Take care!
    "Recovery is my best revenge" - Carolyn Spring "Let your past make you better not bitter" - Unknown

My aunty Fiona taught me to assert myself, this depending on the circumstances I was in. I have no problem asking a guy to leave off. First, I would be polite about it, but if my politeness fell on deaf ears then I would put an edge in my voice. If that was ignored, then boxed ears would invariably solve the problem. When out, I always act straight unless walking the prom holding hands with Jules, but mostly when in social gatherings when she is with me, thankfully neither of us get bothered.

However, what has creeped me out was being stalked on social media. Worse, reading iffy remarks and worse still by someone without a picture. Not knowing or seing who it is, being stalked is the worst feeling ever. In my Facebook and Twitter days I had plenty of unwelcome remarks and the only way of stopping that nonsense was protecting my social media, locking it down private or deleting the accounts. Because the hassle is simply not worth it.
      Say goodbye to the people who don’t want anything to do with you; they are not meant to be in your life for one reason or another. Focus on the ones who do and the ones who care.

Hey peachysoo,

I think like you've done, it is always best to let the person know how you feel. Especially when someone continuously does something you're not happy with, the only way they will know to stop is by actually being told since they can't really read minds! And from then on you can discuss ways to overcome the issue. I say this all the time but communication in most cases really is key!

Hey peachysoo!

​That's a tricky situation

​This would involve losing a friend that I cared about but I probably would have done the same thing as you. Voicing your thoughts and feelings are the only thing you can do in these kinds of situations. I would like to think that the other person valued our friendship enough to see how they were making me feel. However, you cannot force people to change for your own benefit.

​Interesting question.

-Tee A

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995