Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Would like support looking at exam result

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like support looking at exam result

Basically, had the shittiest exam ever. I could barely think, let alone write, I knew I write alot, just very unsure of whether any of it was good. The exam is a very, very important part of my overall degree mark. I'm too scared to look at it because it is very likely I've done badly. Therefore, I know it is likely I will be in bed for days depressed and extremely low.

I feel like a coward, but I'd like some support. There's nobody close to me who I'd feel comfortable with disclosing this information to also. I feel really scared, but also quite shitty for not being brave and just opening them.

Thanks guys
    "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." Nelson Mandela

"I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel." Audrey Hepburn

:heart::wave:*hug*

How recent was the exam? Is it too late to apply for extenuating circumstances? If not then it could be a good idea to talk to whoever is responsible for pastoral support in your department and find out what is needed to apply - I believe this is normally a letter from your doctor that is then considered at the exam board.

If you can't apply for extenuating cirumstances is there a chance you'd be allowed to retake?

I am Kate in chat

Comment

We're here for you starry night and whatever happens when you open them we can help you work through your next steps.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending hugs
      "The greater the problems you've survived, the richer your hidden history of achievement is likely to be."

Comment

Hiya, I know this a late response but still. I ended up with 63% in the exam and ended up with a 2:1 overall. At the time OI was so freaked out, and with good reason, I usually get an extra hour because of anxiety issues in my exams but they didn't give that to me, there was an error on the student support systems, so no wonder I felt like time was running out so quickly! Either way, everything is OK now and I'm doing an MA at the same university. Thanks for your help guys!
        "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." Nelson Mandela

"I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel." Audrey Hepburn

:heart::wave:*hug*

Comment

Ah no worries at all, thanks for the update Starry night it's really great to hear that everything is all OK now, hope your MA is going well and remember we're always here if you wanna chat about anything in the future

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X