Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Living with people I don't know. Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with people I don't know. Help

Soo this year for my student house I'm living with 3 people I don't actually know. Today one of them came to get their keys and it just felt so awkward and I personally felt anxious letting this person I don't even know into the house.
    Does anyone have an advice around breaking the ice with new housemates?
    Just advice in general about living with people you don't know.

Anyoneeee?

Comment

Hey Meggles,

I'm sorry to hear you felt anxious letting your new housemate into the house. For many people, it can be difficult living with new people we don't know yet. These feelings you're experiencing are common for many people in this situation so you're not alone in feeling this way. It can take a bit time to feel comfortable around new housemates and that's okay. It's great that you're reaching out for advice on how to break the ice with new housemates. How are things going at the moment?

There's a great Buzzfeed article that I found with some tips for living with housemates that might be helpful to read through. You can find this here. One of the tips mentioned is to not be afraid to sit with your housemate and do nothing, sometimes this can be the best way to get to know someone rather than going out and doing something fun.

Hope this is helpful, do keep us updated with how it's going

- Aife

Comment

I moved in to a shared house end of last year with females I didnt know and I just sat with them and I have gotten to know them mostly
        'Why are you trying to fit in be born to stand out'

Comment

Thank you both.
          It's been really awkward today. One of the people fully moved in and straight away he had friends over. It was really awkward because they were being so loud and I didn't feel comfortable asking them to be quiet

Comment

hey meggles i just moved and i brought some wine and set up a group whatsapp group

Comment

Originally posted by turtle09 View Post
              hey meggles i just moved and i brought some wine and set up a group whatsapp group

i cant do that. 2 of them have royally pissed me off. theyve taken up all the fridge and storage space in the kitchen so theres no room for others to store food etc when they move in. they keep leaving lights on around the house, wondering around shouting at 3am. they dont clean or tidy after themselves and its driving me in insane. how am i gonna live like this for a year?
              might go buy a tent and pitch up next to the river and hope it doesnt flood.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X