Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

Hey everyone,

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on 26 November. If you'd like to come along, (sign up by completing the form here )
2 of 3 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
3 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Help motivate me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help motivate me

So in sat trying to do reading for my independent study and my brain is just numb and im reading the same bits over and over and I actually can't take anything in,
    Im seriously struggling to motivate myself
    Any tips help or whatever?
    Thanks

Hey there Meggles.

I think we've all had difficulty trying to motivate ourselves from time to time so it's definitely understandable. There's actually a great article on The Mix about study motivation here http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-st...tion-1354.html that I hope you might find useful. As for me personally, and it's mentioned in that article, I try to get rid of any outside distractions to really focus on what I'm doing as it's so easy to just pick up your phone or click around on the computer.

I hope this helps.

- Riley

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
      Hey there Meggles.

I think we've all had difficulty trying to motivate ourselves from time to time so it's definitely understandable. There's actually a great article on The Mix about study motivation here http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-st...tion-1354.html that I hope you might find useful. As for me personally, and it's mentioned in that article, I try to get rid of any outside distractions to really focus on what I'm doing as it's so easy to just pick up your phone or click around on the computer.

I hope this helps.

- Riley
      you know what is really funny, i read this while i was at alton towers lining up to go on the rapids. my motiviation hit an all time low i took up the offer with my placement to go alton towers

Comment

Hey Meggles,

​I totally know how you feel #studentproblems

​The Mix's study motivation article is great and all very true but I'll offer some different ones that you can try.

​What subject are you studying? I'm studying a social science and what I find helps me is to watch documentaries around my subject area. This usually gets me in the right headspace for reading/writing about the subject afterwards and sometimes it's good to learn by visual means as it changes it up a bit.

​Ask someone to be your study buddy. I often ask my girlfriend to study with me. Whilst she's studying her own subject some sort of study vibes must be released into the air because I get motivated to study too. I also ask very nicely if she could go through my assignments with me and we end up having debates about my subject area - so it helps to talk about it and vocalise your thoughts, this usually motivates me to write my ideas down and learn more.

​or you could try this:

I tend to reward myself after I have read a chapter or have completed an assignment and that usually involves some sweet goodies.

- Sunny

Comment

i think you have to achieve your goals step by step,focus on your target never loose hope. This is great forum about the about study motivation.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X