Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Apprenticeships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apprenticeships

Hi. I'm just finishing school and not sure what I want to do in the future. I think apprenticeships might be the way forward but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?

Originally posted by pinkbow View Post
    Hi. I'm just finishing school and not sure what I want to do in the future. I think apprenticeships might be the way forward but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?

Hello Pinkbow,

Funnily enough i have just left college and is looking for an apprenticeship - i would advise you to use the website link below to search; from personal experience they all seem to get back to you regarding applications very quickly. - https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

Goodluck
    From Jessica
    Weíve introduced a new way to find and apply for an apprenticeship in England.
    'Mental health is not a not a destination but a process. It's about how you drive and not where you're going'

Comment

Hey, when I left school I went to college for 2 years and hated every minute of it! I was working 2 part time jobs just so I could afford to get to and from college. Finally made the decision to start an apprenticeship. I did mine at a truck dealership and went to college in Bristol for 2 weeks every 8 weeks, and itís the best decision I ever made. Iím now a fully qualified hgv mechanic, and although itís tough sometimes I look back at what Iv achieved and that makes me feel amazing. An apprenticeship is the best was to go as a school leaver! Earn money whilst learning! You wonít regret it!!

Comment

Hiya!

I haven't had any personal experiences with apprenticeships but I know many people at my College who are really enjoying it.
        the mix have made an article on apprenticeships that you might find helpful: http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-st...hips-9053.html

Do some research and figure what kind you would like to do and who offers them x

All the best
        ""You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. staying yourself is part of the battle."
        ~ Julian Seifter

-L A N E

Comment

Originally posted by LaneBoi View Post
          Hiya!

I haven't had any personal experiences with apprenticeships but I know many people at my College who are really enjoying it.
          the mix have made an article on apprenticeships that you might find helpful: http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-st...hips-9053.html

Do some research and figure what kind you would like to do and who offers them x

All the best
          We've all done it, but....

The thread is over a year old 😂😂

Well done Lane lol
          "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"- Hamlet

Comment

Dang it i didn't check 😂

I was struggling to find threads so i just dug around and didn't check Aidan 😂
            ""You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. staying yourself is part of the battle."
            ~ Julian Seifter

-L A N E

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
            X