Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Meeting with Store Manager on Saturday- Could lead to losing my job!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how I'm being treated by a manager and something that I'm freaked out about that has happened recently

Comment

Did the thing that freaked you out happen at your current workplace and was it something that another current member of staff did?

Comment

Yeah the thing that freaked me out happened at my current workplace and yes it was something another member of staff did. Sorry if I have slow replies from now on sleepy and need to go to bed and I've got a busy day so I'll reply when I can

Comment

Would you be able to tell us a bit more about what freaked you out, so we have a better understanding on what's actually going on for you right now?
          You mentioned the meeting was down to someone reporting you for harassment which as you understand isn't acceptable in any workplace, at any point do you feel as though you had made the other person feel uncomfortable, distressed, etc? - Like, you're unlikely to loose your job, unless their is actual evidence showing that you have harassed another one of your colleagues.

Maybe the reason they didn't approach you was, was due to them being worried about you? How do you feel when you're at work, are you able to do your job to the best you can, despite what you're going through?

Do keep us updated on how things are going, let us know how the meeting goes.

Comment

Hi WhispersofTheHeart thanks for the reply. I was freaked out when my supervisor told me that the security guard fancied me and he is at least 20yrs older than me, its also weird because I got a valentines card and at first I didn't think anything about it but now I know that the security fancies me I'm wondering if its from him. Ive reported the whole situation and work are currently investigating it!!! I know that its not acceptable for anyone to feel uncomfortable at work so I understand why they reported it, I had a meeting about it and I will know the outcome by this weekend. I'm trying to do my job the best I can but I'm going through stuff outside of work as well so its hard to at times.

Comment

Did you receive the Valentine's card at work or at home?

Were the texts that you sent to your colleagues about the security guard and/or the Valentine's card - or were they about something else?

Do you know if your supervisor is telling the truth?
              Last edited by Robert; 22-02-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

yeah I recived the valentines card at work. about something different. work are investigating it and I will find the outcome out by the weekend the manager told me today

Comment

I still don't see why your manager is involved in the complaint about you sending texts to your colleagues outside of work, that were not related to work. Even if what you did is considered to be harassment, it's nothing to do with work -- so how can you be sacked/suspended for it?

Comment

I think I might be getting a second chance considering everthing else I'm going through at the moment

Comment

The texts you sent are a separate issue to the security guard allegedly fancying you and being sent a V-Day card. Don't assume that he sent it, unless you recognise his handwriting or he tells you that he sent it.

Deal with the texts issue first. If they take action against you, go the Citizens' Advice to see how you might appeal that. An employer isn't allowed to dismiss an employee without good reason.
                      Last edited by Robert; 23-02-2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

An update to my situation they have given me a final written warning for work. with the situation that I reported the manager they said they have considered the information and he is going to speak to the manager who is treating me like that and see what its happening. when I reported the security guard he no longer works at the store.

Comment

The security guard no longer works at the same place as you, so he's not an issue any more.

How many people who are currently at your workplace do you have a problem with?

Comment

no that's no longer a problem and one in particular. I aslo want to move back onto my section but they wont move me, I need a distraction because of what I'm going through.

Comment

Is the person at work whom your main problem is with your manager, or a colleague on your level?

Comment

A manager

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X