Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Christmas Quiz Wed 7-8pm

On Wednesday 13th December from 7-8pm we'll be hosting a Christmas Quiz live in The Mix chat room with loads of great prizes

More info about the quiz and the prizes up for grabs here.

We're looking for people to write and host rounds. If you're interested, make sure to send us a PM or comment on the thread linked above.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month

Esme17 is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and Iím very sorry to hear that!

Iím not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didnít, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? Iím sorry if this didnít help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried...

Esme x"
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Support Circles on Sundays

We're going to be running support circles once a month on a Sunday! At the moment they run on Tuesdays, but for one of those Tuesdays, each month they will be running on a Sunday instead.

This next Sunday support circle will be on the 17th of December. If you'd like to come along, feel free to sign-up closer to the time (when we post the thread for it).
See more
See less

volunterring with a child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volunterring with a child

hi me and my daughter have decided we want to ditch christmas this year and try and get out there and help out. does anyone know of any places we can volunteer at, or any ideas of things we can do on christmas day ? Shes 8 and shes very excited about being an active member of sociaty, but so far its all 18 and over xxx

Hi @brucie7080

Sorry to be late to your post, but depending where you are living, you and young daughter might be able to join your local branch of the RSPCA

https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/volunteer/vacancy

Volunteering is an honourable thing to do wherever you live, and I am sure any charitable organisation will welcome your offer to help. My partner has contact with Centrepoint in London. Though am unsure if your daughter would be allowed with you, here is their website to enquire:

https://centrepoint.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/

All the best
    Julie
    The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
    X