Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Expert chat: Enthusiastic Consent & Conditional Consent (Wed 21st February)

Hey everyone!

On Wednesday 21st Feb at 6.30pm, Sarah our expert, will be running an expert chat about Enthusiastic Consent and Conditional Consent.

Sarah is the co-founder of Scarlet Ladies, a community of women with the aim to destigmatise and normalise the conversation around female sexuality.

Suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after experiencing a number of traumas, including rape, Sarah is reclaiming her body by engaging in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Taking back control of her sexuality, she is currently remaining abstinent. Working and campaigning with other women for the sexual empowerment of women has been an integral part of her healing journey.

Come along and join us! Find out more here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla features: have your say

As we move to our new boards software, Vanilla, we'll have a few new features at our disposal. We're keen to hear what you all think about them, so head here to have your say over how we'll use (or not use) some of the new features. Fill out the form before Wednesday the 21st to tell us your thoughts and have the option of joining our testing team!
3 of 4 < >

The Great Boards Migration

Great news! We're moving to new discussion boards software. Head here for the full announcement.
4 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

One-in-a-million is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you donít already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Absolutely devastated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely devastated

I had a meeting with student welfare at college today and they have forced me to take a year out of my counselling course. I loved the lessons so much and yes my mental health isnt amazing but it wont ever be, i thought i was doing so well too.
    Just someone changing to who they really are. Jessica, now Jacob, been a big step but im sure it will be an exciting journey.

Hey Jacob,

That sounds so frustrating to deal with, I'm sure most people would hate to have something taken out of their control like that so it's understandable that you're feeling so annoyed. Is there anyone you can talk to in order to try and repeal the decision or maybe look for other solutions? I'm not really familiar with your school's system so I can't give a lot of advice but the boards are always a great place to have a rant and get things off your chest. Here's hoping you're able to sort things out or hopefully let off a little steam somehow.

- Riley

Comment

Hey Jacob101

I'm really sorry to hear what happened with student welfare at college. It sounds like you were really enjoying the course and doing really well at it, I'm sorry to hear about the decision they made. How are you feeling about their decision?

You mentioned they've forced you to take a whole year out, is that a set amount of time or is there a chance you can return sooner?

All the best,

- Aife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob101 View Post
        I had a meeting with student welfare at college today and they have forced me to take a year out of my counselling course. I loved the lessons so much and yes my mental health isnt amazing but it wont ever be, i thought i was doing so well too.
        Hey Jacob,
        How are you feeling about this now? It can be and is very frustrating when something like this happens but please try to remember that they are not doing this to punish you but instead, have your best interests at heart.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X