Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chatwee Update

Update - There's been some technical difficulties launching Chatwee onto our website so we will not be moving to Chatwee on Thursday.

As soon as we fix this issue, we'll announce another date for launching. We're really sorry for the delay in Chatwee, thanks so much for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (September)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Shaunie,

​I care. I really relate to what you have been experiencing with the house falling apart, and things not getting fixed due to general shame of the state of the house and not knowing where to begin fixing things or who to contact (you don't want to come across rogue tradesmen). Not even having adequate heating and hot water. And clutter. Everywhere. It's horrible to live in such circumstances, I know. It's hard as well when you see everyone else living a 'normal' life and yet being unable to talk about your situation."
(Click for full post )
See more
See less

Why always so many guests online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why always so many guests online?

Silly question but like where it says who's online it's like 20 members and like 748 guests (random number). Why so many 😂😂
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

I don't usually say like that often

Comment

They're like non members viewing topics. Presumably brought here from like search engines and stuff
      Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Originally posted by ellaleftwonderland
        i always think that too and also i say like the same amount lol
        ha😂

Comment

Originally posted by Skive View Post
          They're like non members viewing topics. Presumably brought here from like search engines and stuff
          ah that's interesting. Thanks.

Comment

It's the same on another forum i use, they're probably people who searched something up and came across a certain thread, you'll be surprised how many people search websites without signing up x
            "Weave me a rope that will pull me through these impossible times"
            ~ Tim Finn

- LAINE

Comment

The Mix Do you have any stats as to when the most members online was as opposed to total users?
              Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix
                Hey guys

Just to add to what's already been said (thanks Skive!), lots of those guests will be people reading threads they've found from Google.
                Believe it or not, the most viewed thread ever is http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/thesite-topics/health-wellbeing/food-drink/114245-cantonese-style-sweet-and-sour&quot;]Cantonese style sweet and sour?[/URL] - around 28,000 people have read that thread in the last couple of years! (and almost all of them on Saturday evenings!)

Some of those guests will also be bots - software used by search engines like Google to index websites.

- James
                Thank you for this James! Ha that thread now has another view!

Comment

The Mix Do you have any stats as to when the most members online was as opposed to total users?
                  I would love to know this too!!

Comment

Great question.
                    It's a little tricky to extract reliable stats from the boards software. For example, it's telling us that the most users ever online on one day was the 31st of Jan 2017, with 590 registered users online. To be honest, that doesn't seem right, particularly when compared to the average day this year. Apart from that blip, the stats tell us that the most users online at once was back in March 2005: 377 people online (but the stats don't go back further than that).

James
                    That's cool! Wow, 377 registered users online on here when I was only a few years old (wow) now I feel like the youngest person on here!

Comment

the stats tell us that the most users online at once was back in March 2005: 377 people online (but the stats don't go back further than that).

James
                      Cool. That did seem to be the busiest period around here. Is that users or members?

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post

That's cool! Wow, 377 registered users online on here when I was only a few years old (wow) now I feel like the youngest person on here!

This place used to look very different

http://web.archive.org/web/200012060...i?action=intro

Comment

Oh my gosh, I forgot this was a thing! That hurts slightly to look at now though.
                          Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

Oh wow! Now that is cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Oh my gosh, I forgot this was a thing! That hurts slightly to look at now though.

I once asked if we could have a theme that reflected what the boards used to look like so the the 'Skiver' theme was made.
                              In about 2002 the boards went very orange (apart from the clubbing forum which went green for some reason) and we still have a theme to represent that called 'old skool'

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X