Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stepfinder App Testing

We've just released our new StepFinder app and it's now available on Android devices. We'd love some help testing it out to hear your feedback before it's released to the public.

Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018 from 6.30pm to 8pm

If you have an Android device and would like to help test out the app, you can sign up here
2 of 4 < >

Vanilla Survey Results

It's been a few months since we announced our exciting move to the new boards software Vanilla.

Back in February, we asked you to complete a survey so we could hear what you thought about some potential features and changes that Vanilla can offer. We also sent this survey out to our boards volunteers.

You can read all about the results here
3 of 4 < >

Post of The Month

Shaunie is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Novocaine

This sounds really difficuly and scary. Sorry youre going through such a hard time im glad youre getting some sort of help. Experimental therapies sounds good. I hope youre taking good care of yourself aswell and doing things you enjoy and doing small things that could make you feel better like nice relaxing bath.

Mindfullness and grounding technics can be really helpful. In times where i felt disassociated i would be vaguely suggested to stay midful and present in the here and now. Which can help your concentration aswell. Like even picking up something around you & noticing how that feels & what is around you helps to be less in a dream state of mind. Loking at everything in details & concetrating on your breathing. I know its quite hard to rememeber to do in times of high anxiety but it doesnt need to just be when you get to that point. Can be any time of the day just to help you feel better and get in rountine of doing it & remembering

Its also okay to not know what you want to do after school. Even people who seem to know what they want - end up not wanting it and alll can take some time to know and feel better and that is okay too, youre on your own lil journey. But there is always hope

Take care"
(Click for full post )
4 of 4 < >

Support Circles

We run Support Circle chats on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Support Circle is a small group chat for no more than 10 people. Take it in turns to talk about whatever is on your mind or sign up as a listener if you enjoy helping others. To find out more and sign up for a place (click here)

Places are limited so make sure to sign up quickly!
See more
See less

Unsecure warning on the mix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsecure warning on the mix

Hi guys, I went to login in my mobile and was given this message at the top of the screen (look at picture) at the top where the search bar is you can see it says ďwebsite unsecureĒ Iíve never seen this before and I did see a message on one of the boards saying about counterfeit money. Iím sure I donít need to tell anyone that these type of messages are scams!!!

I went to report the message but it had disappeared so Iím presuming the mix saw it and deleted it. Due to the website unsecure message this could potentially mean that the mix may have been hacked...

Iím not an expert and I could be wrong but I thought Iíd write this message to give people the heads up, the mix included incase there has been a hack and it has been undetected.

Hey One-in-a-million

Thanks for this. You're totally right - those types of messages are scams. Our moderators and anti-spam crew on the boards do their best to delete these posts as they come up, but hopefully it goes without saying that those spam posts aren't legitimate or permitted to be here.

Regarding the 'website unsecure' message, this is actually because we don't use something called Secure Socket Layer, or SSL. You might notice that most other websites begin with 'https' rather than 'http' - the 's' in that URL indicates they use SSL. Essentially, this means that they use a more secure method of transferring their data. Passwords and things like that will be encrypted before being sent across the internet, making it harder for people to access that data. With some browsers, this will display as a green padlock before the URL, like this:

Unfortunately, we're a bit behind here. While we don't currently use this, we do have plans to implement it very soon.

Tl;dr: it's safe to use The Mix and we haven't been hacked or compromised, we're just a tad behind on our security setup.

Hope that helps, but do let us know if you have any more queries. Thanks for raising it!

Mike
    We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Yeah thanks to my ICT teachers . i can easily tell when something is fake i also noticed that post yesterday and counterfit money is illegal. Why the **** would some post something illegal on a forum when they know they could easily get caught.?

Comment

Hey L100

There does tend to be quite a bit of spam that comes through on the discussion boards! If you notice any of these posts, please do report them to us and we can remove them. We'll soon be moving to a new discussion boards software so hopefully we won't get so much spam anymore!

- Aife
        We're Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
        While we can't offer support via this account, if you have any questions about this place, feel free to
        ask over in the
        Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X