Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Prize draw!

We're running a prize draw here on the discussion boards! Take a look here to get involved.
2 of 3 < >

Post of The Month (August)

Meggles is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"my recent post and a comment from another user has made me realise that self care is so important.

I wanted to start a thread in the Health and Wellbeing section of the boards about self care.

Self care is provided by you, for you

I know a lot of us are struggling at the moment with different aspects of our own lives, and sometimes we get so lost in these we forget to take time for ourselves. This tread is, a Reminder to you to take time out for yourself during the difficult times.

down in the comments I would really love for people to share ideas and tips about self- care. to remind ourselves and others in the community.

My way of self care when i recognise ( or someone recognises i have neglected myself) is:

Take a walk and admire whats around me ( take as long as needed)
treat myself to a bath with a bathbomb and bubbles ( bubbles are important)
make a hot drink and just sit down with a film.

Please feel free to share your ideas!

The Mix have a guide to self-care which you can find here."
(Click for full post )
3 of 3 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Doea that mean mods too :P
      Emmy💕

''If you life to be 100.
      I hope that I live
      To be 100 minus
      One day so I never
      Have to be
      With out you
      Winnie the pooh"

Comment

Comment

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

“People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes.”

Comment

Originally posted by *Heather* View Post
            Doea that mean mods too :P
            Goes without saying
            Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Comment

Thumbs up!
              How to be a woman, Caitlin Moran, 2011. Ebury Press.

Comment

“Love is louder then the pressure to be perfect.” - Demi Lovato

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” - Albert Einstein

“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.” - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

PM me anytime if you need to talk, I'm here for you. Never give up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jo7

Here at TheSite Towers we take your confidentiality really seriously. In an era of endless social networks and ways in which to communicate with each other we want to make sure that TheSite remains a safe haven for everyone here. A place to come to escape all of that.

In order for everyone to feel safe and to keep your anonymity intact we're asking every single member to sign up to our new confidentiality pledge which will soon become part of our forum rules.

By signing the confidentiality pledge you're agreeing to help keep TheSite a safe and anonymous space for everyone, including you!

The pledge

What is said on TheSite is not repeated/posted elsewhere on the web

If you share something on the boards or in chat we want you to feel confident that this won't appear on any other network. By signing the pledge you agree not to talk to others about what someone has said on TheSite over on other sites such as Mindful or Childline or through social networks like whatsapp, twitter and facebook.

This also works the other way around. Don't bring something someone shares elsewhere into discussion on TheSite without their permission.

Quote from our registration rules:

Your anonymity is your responsibility

We understand that many members connect away from TheSite.org. Think carefully about when you decide to give out your personal information and who you give it to. If you stick around you'll make friends here over time but there is no rush to connect away from TheSite. If you keep your communication within the boards, chat and PMs then we can keep you safe.

Once you connect outside then your anonymity is your responsibility. Don't forget to block unwanted connections and check your privacy settings on other networks.

Chat specific pledge: Keep private conversations out of chat

When you mention in chat that you are also talking to someone on Whatsapp, facebook, skype, text etc. this can make other members feel unsafe. It can cause them to worry that what they share might go outside of the room. It also opens you up to temptation to talk about what's happening in chat away from the chat room.

Keep all other conversations separate and don't mention them in chat
                    . If you want to talk to someone away from chat then do so but there's no need to mention it in chat.

By replying to this thread with a thumbs up you are agreeing to use TheSite in the spirit of this pledge

If you'd like to send us any thoughts/feedback on the pledge then you can PM myself, Helen or James.
                    I like all the info
                    Don't let the bad thoughts get u down smile and walk away

Comment

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
                      "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                      "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
                      "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Comment

Happy to be here

Comment

(Thumb) I don't know how to make the thumb face. Sorry.

Comment

I agree, sorry I don't have those lil emo dudes!

Comment

Thanks for signing up! You can get the faces by clicking on the smilie on the top right in the reply box
                                "The greater the problems you've survived, the richer your hidden history of achievement is likely to be."

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X