Get Connected is turning 16!
Over the last 16 years our service has grown from a small helpline to support young people who had run away from home, to a multi-channel helpline service which supports anyone under 25 with absolutely anything.
We’ve supported more than 800,000 children and young people in crisis over the last 16 years, but so many more still need our help.
Has Get Connected helped you get your life back on track?
Do you have great advice to pass on to help someone out?
We’re looking for young people who want to help others find a solution to a problem they have faced. If you’re aged 16-25 and want to help, submit a two minute video and not only could you help another young person find a brighter future, you could be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize!
Here’s the Get Connected Youth Advisory Panel to let you know more about our service and why you should get involved!
[iframe id=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/X9vxiXOrCDY” autoplay=”no”]
Prizes up for grabs include:
- Framed 2014 X-Factor photo montage signed by finalists including Ben Haenow and Fleur East
- A brand-new Blackberry 9000 in black, worth over £100
- A Gear4 Espresso Wireless Portable Speaker, a small but powerful Bluetooth speaker
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entrants must be 16 or over and resident in the UK. Where an entrant is under 18, permission to enter must be obtained from a parent or guardian.
- Video files must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 31st August to be eligible for the prize draw.
- The competition is organised by Get Connected, PO Box 7777, London, W1A 5PD.
- The competition will be judged by Get Connected and the prize will be awarded at their discretion. In all matters the decision of Get Connected is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by email within seven working days of the competition closing date.
- Prize(s) are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative.
- Get Connected does not accept any responsibility for damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the competition or prize.
- By submitting a video file you agree that Get Connected may use your content for promotional purposes, perpetually and royalty-free.
- Get Connected will not accept any entries which contain violent, abusive, sexual or otherwise explicit content. Get Connected will refer any such content on to the appropriate authorities.
This post was originally part of the Get Connected website. YouthNet and Get Connected merged to form The Mix in 2016.
Published on 12-Aug-2015
10 Things I Wish I’d Known As A Teenager
Natasha Devon shares what she wish she had known as a ...
What is pansexuality?
If you're pansexual, do you fancy EVERYONE?
Confused about sexual consent? Help is at hand.
#MyTime to read and think: why poetry is for us all
Momtaza Mehri is the Young People's Poet Laureate for ...
‘It can be easy to dismiss stress…but it’s the great exacerbator’
Tom Pollock explores the theme of stress for this ...