A list of my favourite happiness-boosting activities
I think sometimes people tend to fall into the trap of thinking that happiness is a place. For example, if I do X, then I will be happy or if I get Y, then I'll be content... But I think this is a risky path to take. It leaves you always wanting more, wishing, and never achieving. Let me tell you, it's not a very fun place to be. So, instead I have my metaphorical box of instant happiness that brings me joy no matter how much (or little) of my to-do-list I've achieved. Here's my happy list, if you want to have a look!
1) First and foremost, I've got cats. Specifically, I've got my favourite kitten Sierra. She is the cutest, snuggly-est, most adorable cat ( in my very unbiased opinion, of course).
2) Yoga. It's the perfect mix of endorphin-boosting exercise and calming meditation.
3) Being warm. If I'm ever grumpy, stick me somewhere warm. Whatever you do, don't let yourself get cold and hungry. Chaos ensues.
4) Listening to audiobooks. I highly recommend. I listen to them while I'm making dinner, on the tube, or even falling asleep. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm doing something educational (no one needs to know you're actually listening to Harry Potter, which you've already read 100 times).
5) Making pretty doodles. I love making doodles around positive/empowering quotes that I can then hang out around my room.
6) Learning fun facts. Who doesn't love fun facts? For example, did you know a lemon has more sugar in it than a strawberry?
Anyway, I'll stop my list here. These are just a few of my favourite happiness-boosting activities. Maybe someone will find them useful... or at least admire the picture of my cat!
This post was submitted as part of 'HappyBox’ campaign. Take a peek at our other submissions and get involved by creating your own content!
How to come out
Come out of that closet, we're here for you!
Coke and your nose
Whats does regular coke use do to your nostrils?
Usualising intersex – I don’t need normalising
Anick shares his experience of coming out as intersex.
Coming out as trans at school, university or work
Read our guide to help you choose how and when is the ...
I was made for more than chasing thinness
How you look is the least important thing; ...