Judgement Day is just around the corner for students everywhere. Whether you've taken GCSEs, SQAs, Scottish Highers or A-levels, let The Mix hold your hand for the results and beyond.
It’s natural to feel uptight about results day, but there’s a great deal that you can do beforehand to help sleep at night. Start by drawing up a list of contacts you might need to call upon when your grades have come through. It’s also not too late to get in touch with your careers advisor if you’re after a last-minute chat.
We’re here for you, too. You’ll find more peace of mind by reading these articles:
- Exam result stress – Recognise it and then deal with it.
- Nervous? – Understanding anxiety.
- Prevent those panic attacks – Or at least cope with them when they happen.
On results day
Don’t think of it as the end of one stressful episode in your life. Results are really the beginning, so it’s vital that you don’t just get hammered with your mates straight away but review your options carefully. Talk to your careers advisor or form tutor – they’ll be on hand on the day, so keep that beer on ice until you know what next step you’ll be taking. You could also call the exam results helpline on 0808 100 8000.
- Low A-level results? – The Mix explains your options, and covers Scottish Highers, too.
- Low GCSE or SQA results? – Don’t panic!
- University clearing – You can still find a place now you’ve got your results.
- Adjustment – what to do if your results are better than expected
Results are all about options, whether you got the grades you wanted, exceeded your expectations, or messed up badly. So don’t despair if you didn’t do as well as you’d hoped, or feel somehow you’re a failure compared to your mates. Exams can always be retaken, and if they’re not for you there’s always an alternative way for you to shine.
- Looking for a mentor to help boost your knowledge and skills? Find a youth zone close to you.
- Reveal your skills with Define Me and find the right words to tell employers.
- Download Motimator - an app that helps you get the career you want - by giving you a gentle kick up the ass each day when motivation is running low.
- Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
- Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
Updated on 29-Sep-2015
Unemployed and feeling crap? Yeah, sounds about right. ...
Having an eating disorder at university
What can you do if you have an eating disorder at ...
Keep your cool in these testing times.
I quit a high-paying job to be poor but happy
Why I quit my job in insurance and chose happiness.
Zero hour contracts
Will you get ANY hours, and therefore, ANY money? We ...