The Mix are always here to support you
Here at The Mix, we know this can be a challenging time for many of you and that it’s important that you have help in dealing with the impact that coronavirus is having on everyday life. The Mix will remain open, and our online community will provide essential peer-to-peer and expert-led support.
Dramatic media headlines, coping with illness and adjusting to lots of change in normal routines can sometimes be stressful and make you feel anxious, especially if you already have other issues impacting your life. For those of you who are already living with existing mental health issues, we know that youth services are crucial, and that’s why we want to spread the message that The Mix are always here.
Our team of experts and trained volunteers are working to provide reassurance, support and advice for anyone who needs it and will continue to do so. We want to get the message out that if you need to talk about anything at all, you can head to our discussion boards and find an active community of other young people who can help you chat through their worries, signpost to helpful information and find solutions to your problems.
If you or someone you know is struggling, please head to The Mix. Our services are free, confidential and open to any young person who needs them: https://community.themix.org.uk/
- If you're under 25 and would like free confidential telephone counselling from The Mix to help you figure things out complete this form and we'll call you to arrange your first session.
- Our Crisis Messenger provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258
- AnxietyUK run helplines, email support, live chats and therapy services for people with anxiety disorders. 08444 775 774
- Mind offers advice and support to people with mental health problems. Their helpline runs nine to six from Monday to Friday. 0300 123 3393
- Visit bemindful for more information on mindfulness and to search for a course near you.
- Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
- Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.
By Holly Turner
Updated on 13-Mar-2020
No featured article