Young Adult Carer Steering group member
We're looking for 16 motivated young adult carers. We want to make sure that as many young adult carers can be involved in the Steering Group as we can. So, we are offering places for an 18-month period, and we will be recruiting more members to join later.
About the Programme
Carers Trust and the Quilter Foundation have come together to create the Young Adult Carer Resilience and Wellbeing Programme. The programme will also fund The Mix to create an online resource hub to support young adult carers.
The programme aims to improve the wellbeing of young adult carers through five grants that will focus on reducing stress and anxiety and increasing self-awareness and self-esteem.
- Carers Funds Grants will support skills-based development opportunities
- Explore More! Support Fund will provide individual small grants to address barriers to accessing employment, education and training
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Events and Activities Fund will provide grants for events/activities enabling young adult carers to take a break from their caring role
- Time to Find Me! will provide grants for residential/multi day events/activities to provide respite from their caring role
- Development Grants will deliver effective intervention models to support young adult carers’ engagement with their life transitions.
About This Role
We want young adult carers to be at the centre of this work, and co-produce two of the grants. We are seeking 16 motivated young adult carers to be part of the Steering Group. This will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of other young adult carers, plus learn some helpful skills along the way. 14 will come via Network Partners and the remaining two will be identified by the Mix.
We want to make sure that as many young adult carers can be involved in the Steering Group as we can. So, we are offering places for an 18-month period, and we will be recruiting more members to join later.
See here for further details and how to apply