A list of my favourite happiness-boosting activities
I think sometimes people tend to fall into the trap of thinking that happiness is a place. For example, if I do X, then I will be happy or if I get Y, then I'll be content... But I think this is a risky path to take. It leaves you always wanting more, wishing, and never achieving. Let me tell you, it's not a very fun place to be. So, instead I have my metaphorical box of instant happiness that brings me joy no matter how much (or little) of my to-do-list I've achieved. Here's my happy list, if you want to have a look!
1) First and foremost, I've got cats. Specifically, I've got my favourite kitten Sierra. She is the cutest, snuggly-est, most adorable cat ( in my very unbiased opinion, of course).
2) Yoga. It's the perfect mix of endorphin-boosting exercise and calming meditation.
3) Being warm. If I'm ever grumpy, stick me somewhere warm. Whatever you do, don't let yourself get cold and hungry. Chaos ensues.
4) Listening to audiobooks. I highly recommend. I listen to them while I'm making dinner, on the tube, or even falling asleep. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm doing something educational (no one needs to know you're actually listening to Harry Potter, which you've already read 100 times).
5) Making pretty doodles. I love making doodles around positive/empowering quotes that I can then hang out around my room.
6) Learning fun facts. Who doesn't love fun facts? For example, did you know a lemon has more sugar in it than a strawberry?
Anyway, I'll stop my list here. These are just a few of my favourite happiness-boosting activities. Maybe someone will find them useful... or at least admire the picture of my cat!
This post was submitted as part of 'HappyBox’ campaign. Take a peek at our other submissions and get involved by creating your own content!
Exploring your sexuality? Switchboard LGBT+ Helpline offer their expert advice
Switchboard, LGBT+ Helpline give us their advice on ...
Coronavirus and money: An expert financial guide from MyBnk
A guide to navigating your finances during coronavirus, ...
What does lockdown mean for Brexit?
A guide to understanding Brexit during lockdown.
Coronavirus and money with MyBnk: Bills, payslips and making the most of your earnings
The next in the series of MyBnk's financial guide to ...
Ambassador voices: What’s Ramadan and what’s it like to fast during lockdown?
Muz talks about what Ramadan means to him and what it's ...