Get In The Mix and let your voice be heard
On 16th November, The Mix launched a new kind of news broadcast, In The Mix, created by young people for young people, to show the real stories of strength and resilience too often cut out of current news media.
In The Mix is here to stay and we want you to get involved in the first series.
Tell your story
In The Mix is a platform for young people to tell the stories they would like to see covered in traditional media, but aren’t. This space is yours to fill. We’re looking for authentic videos on topics close to your heart such as mental health, identity, sexuality, politics, addiction… or anything else that matters to you.
Guidance to create your videos
- Let your personality shine in your film making – be honest and authentic
- The Mix offers support on many issues under 25s face – remember that your piece should always intend to inform, support, and empower
- All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to including image rights
- Please fact check your piece – provide sources of information if you’re quoting another source
- If you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face don’t put it in your film
- We welcome edgy topics, but please don’t resort to shock tactics. Our guidelines are the same for Your Voices, so please read for reference!
Be on the panel
Do you have a strong opinion you’d like to voice? You’re in luck. We’re always looking for new people to join our panel discussion.
Become our new presenters
Just like Niki and Sammy were the face of In The Mix first edition, we’re looking for other influencers to take the rewarding task of presenting the next broadcasts. Are you a YouTuber? Do you have a strong social media following? Are you comfortable in front of the camera? Then we want to hear from you!
I’m game. Where do I sign up?
If you’re up for it or want more information, get in touch via [email protected]
Published on 16-Nov-2017
Is sexting illegal?
What is sexting and how safe is it? We spoke to Ellie ...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
When the winter brings more than just the blues.
How to protect your mental health online
Look after your mental health online and rise above the ...
Help! I want to get fit
However you do it, it feels good to move....
Are you feeling stressed? Don’t ignore the symptoms
Tom Pollock explores the theme of stress for this ...