The Mix launches #NoNormalChristmas campaign
This #GivingTuesday we’re launching The Mix’s #NoNormalChristmas campaign. On a day which is all about doing good stuff to support charities and important causes, we’re launching our campaign to raise £5000 to support young people this Christmas.
Christmas and the festive season in general is seen as an exciting time when people get together to celebrate, but for some young people this time of year can be extremely difficult. Depending on what else is going on in someone’s life, existing pressures and problems from money worries and family conflict, to eating disorders and self harm, can be exacerbated.
The Mix’s #NoNormal campaign will be highlighting issues young people may face – because there is no normal Christmas, and we’re all united but unique in our struggles at this time of year. The Mix’s free and confidential services are accessible throughout the festive season. Here’s how your money can help:
- £50 would enable us to provide a counselling session to a young person.
- £25 would support us to answer a call to our helpline from a young person struggling to cope.
- £15 would help a young person talk anonymously in The Mix’s online peer community.
- £10 would train a young person to be a mental health mentor and support other young people.
- £5 would allow us to respond instantly to a young person contacting our crisis messenger text service 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Text TMIX18 £5 or £10 to 70070 or donate online to help us provide support over the festive period.
Published on 27-Nov-2018
Sorry, comments closed
I don’t have the ideal body shape
There is a stigma attached to male body image - but ...
Help! I want to get fit
However you do it, it feels good to move....
Here’s how I learned to love my body
Activist Stevie Blaine tells us how he learnt to love ...
Ten ways to beat the winter blues
Are you feeling as crap as your wilted Christmas tree ...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
When the winter brings more than just the blues.